Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Canon EOS-M3 with 1000mm Mirror lens





If you are into wildlife photography, you’d probably want a lens that can give you a shot at a good distance…


But if you are not making money out of it like I am not, you’d sometimes want to hold back on spending… like… well, me :-D


So, I got myself a mirror lens. It’s 500mm, and it is cheap. It was still very cheap after I added a teleconverter (or extender) which doubles my 500mm into a 1000mm.


But there are, of course a number of challenges to conquer…


The first one was how to make it work!


Well, I got all the adapters and connectors connected to the camera and the lens and I can see the subject thru the 500mm mirror lens but the shutter will not work. My aperture reads f-00. Other than that, I cannot tell me anything else: shutter speed has no reading and neither has ISO but more than that, the shutter will not fire...


Until someone told me about the setting that I would not have known without help.




After that, it was just a matter of the usual things like light, composition and the usual challenges in photography. :-D


Goodluck!




No comments :

Post a Comment